Worklog Wii portable "Ashida Wavebird" worklog

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
IT IS TIME
Biirdyboi.gif

datass.gif

- Digitally frankencased (coined by @Shank ) using 3D scans and a shitload of meshwork.

- 3D printable.

- Coming December 2020
maybe

IMG_20201006_115307.jpg
IMG_20201007_182802.jpg

A lot of testing is still underway but I'll keep you all updated

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
This looks awesome! While this is looking pretty far into the future, do you think that the case could be printed on a resin printer? I can only imagine how beautiful it would look in resin...

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
This looks awesome! While this is looking pretty far into the future, do you think that the case could be printed on a resin printer? I can only imagine how beautiful it would look in resin...
Sure, if the printer is big enough. This takes up the entire 250mm width of a Prusa Mk3.
unknown.png

This is awesome, the silver make it look really OG.
I think that having the screen higher(like on top) would look/feel better.
Also, where is the start button? (maybe it is already in the top/bottom, but since I'm nearly in the end of my project and I still forgot to put it I wanted to point it out).

This looks nice!! I think you might have me beat especially since mine melted in the sun lol Great work!! Can’t wait to see it in action!!

Last edited:

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
This is awesome, the silver make it look really OG.
I think that having the screen higher(like on top) would look/feel better.
Also, where is the start button? (maybe it is already in the top/bottom, but since I'm nearly in the end of my project and I still forgot to put it I wanted to point it out).
Having the screen higher will give it a massive chin, having it lower will give it a massive forehead, having it center makes the most sense. I do also plan to release a 4:3 version.

And like I said in the discord, once I release the files you guys can ugly it up as much as you want.

Oh, and don't you worry about the start button my fuzzy little man peach, I have it all under control.

This looks nice!! I think you might have me beat especially since mine melted in the sun lol Great work!! Can’t wait to see it in action!!
I'm still really curious to see how yours turns out. Be sure to keep updating your worklog.

I'm still really curious to see how yours turns out. Be sure to keep updating your worklog.
I definitely plan too!! I think it’s really interesting how they look so alike. I Don’t know if you released any teasers b4 but I haven’t touched the forms in years. Great minds think alike I guess ;)

it also could be that we used the same assets. Is center part of you case modeled after the gwii? I took inspiration from something I saw a long time ago. It was a wave bird with a screen that this guy made to attach to a GameCube as a controller.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Cutting through support material be like trying to get through the thorn forest to reach Sleeping Beauty

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Cutting through support material be like trying to get through the thorn forest to reach Sleeping Beauty
It wasn't too bad, it took around 20mins and I only lost a single drop of blood.

With a little bit of sanding around the edges the front and back sit together quite well around the lip.
IMG_20201015_053907.jpg

IMG_20201015_053935.jpg

IMG_20201015_053958.jpg

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
gifntext-gif.gif

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
My progress from this weekend, some things are still temporarily wired until the rest of the parts arrive (DD in particular).

Unfortunately it's not booting at the moment likely do to a little roughness moving things around and I very much bumped the nand a couple times. I'll get that sorted later this week.

IMG_20201018_182433.jpg

A hole was drilled for the headphone jack as I wasn't 100% sure where I wanted to put it for the final model. On the bottom and in this corner I feel is the best place

IMG_20201018_182523.jpg

And no need for a light guide when you can just have the LED glow through the case. Big brain engaged.

IMG_20201018_182559.jpg

Senor Avocado

2022 2nd Place Winner
what usb are you using? it doesn't look like the typical kingston setup. It is looking so good!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Direct Drive has finally arrived...but I'm also not far off waiting for a Baby to arrive so I may not get around to finishing this project until early next year.
Tell that fukken stork to hurry his ass up