Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Gabobo

I've done this part a million times. It's booting, try unpluging and replug your cable when you have it powered on. Other than that, good luck.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey there,

I installed the VGA priiloader, and now my system won't boot. (Using composite cables). The disc drive spins, the light turns green, but no output over composite. Holding reset on boot won't load priiloader either. Any ideas on what I can do? I haven't yet soldered the RGBHV pins yet, so I haven't tested VGA, do you think maybe somehow it will work over VGA when composite isn't working?

Thanks!
That's weird. Are you sure you're using composite and not component?

@Aurelio or anyone who may have knowledge on the subject: Using this patch, would it be possible to output VGA using a portable Wii to a standard TV? A G-Wii in my case. My ultimate goal would be to have a switch to toggle between the 5" VGA screen of my G-Wii and an added VGA out port. This way I could effectively swap between handheld mode and tv mode. Much like a modern Nintendo Switch. Seems too simple to just wire up to a VGA port and then have a switch(s) change where the signal was being directed. Aside from possibly needing more power though I'm unsure why it wouldn't work. Thoughts?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
It is possible, but you either use something to completely disconnect VGA from the portable LCD or use some sort of buffer IC for it.

It is possible, but you either use something to completely disconnect VGA from the portable LCD or use some sort of buffer IC for it.
The only thing standing in the way is the other video input source then. So in theory, as long as both VGA sources are separate the video should be able to switch with no additional modifications to the Wii itself?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
The only thing standing in the way is the other video input source then. So in theory, as long as both VGA sources are separate the video should be able to switch with no additional modifications to the Wii itself?
Uhm as long as you are able to disconnect the Wii's VGA from the portable screen when connecting to an external monitor, then yes

Hey there,

I installed the VGA priiloader, and now my system won't boot. (Using composite cables). The disc drive spins, the light turns green, but no output over composite. Holding reset on boot won't load priiloader either. Any ideas on what I can do? I haven't yet soldered the RGBHV pins yet, so I haven't tested VGA, do you think maybe somehow it will work over VGA when composite isn't working?

Thanks!
Hello,

For me, the Wii2Hdmi is not working anymore, same for a composite to hdmi module I got, although I haven't tried it before. It worked with the original wii cable and a composite screen, maybe you have the same issue.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Hello,

For me, the Wii2Hdmi is not working anymore, same for a composite to hdmi module I got, although I haven't tried it before. It worked with the original wii cable and a composite screen, maybe you have the same issue.
Composite still works when the VGA patches are installed. Component however will not.

If composite isn't working for you, if you can provide some footage of the issue maybe we can help.

noc1

my plan is o use an integrated ~5" vga screen and a wii2hdmi for an extern output. they won't output at the same time. it will be kinda like a nintendo switch. 5" screen on hands or dock it for hdmi tv or sreen.
is it possible to use/connect the wii with the vga patch to a wii2hdmi adapter ?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
my plan is o use an integrated ~5" vga screen and a wii2hdmi for an extern output. they won't output at the same time. it will be kinda like a nintendo switch. 5" screen on hands or dock it for hdmi tv or sreen.
is it possible to use/connect the wii with the vga patch to a wii2hdmi adapter ?
Wii2hdmi uses component video, which is replaced with VGA whrn the patches are active, so no, you can't do that

If you want a more complete VGA and HDMI solution for the wii look into wiiduel. Not sure how they'd fit in a portable though.

noc1

If you want a more complete VGA and HDMI solution for the wii look into wiiduel. Not sure how they'd fit in a portable though.
now that you mention it that would be a great solution but as you said it, this setup is too big. but thanks :D

noc1

but that one looks smaller

don't know

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
but that one looks smaller

don't know
That one will work fine, but it's HDMI only. You could also build a GCDual and flash it with modded firmware so it works on a Wii. I have that firmware available if you want to try that route.

noc1

I will go the wii2hdmi route but thanks :)
That one will work fine, but it's HDMI only. You could also build a GCDual and flash it with modded firmware so it works on a Wii. I have that firmware available if you want to try that route.