Release Wii native VGA - version 1.4

Discussion in 'Wii' started by Aurelio, May 27, 2018.

1. mike9012 .

I set to 480p using my component cable, and followed to step 7 by my composite cable and got a black screen, any clue?

-merge-

-merge-

After selecting boot or pressing B black screen

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2019
  2. Aurelio The Fixer ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Staff Member . . . . .

Portables:
    That's not an issue with VGA. Your USB drive is not wired up properly or plugged in. The black screen is because it's booting back to the system menu from postloader which is not supported by the vga hack

3. mike9012 .

I did it ,you are a genius !!!!!!the picture is perfect, I have worked for four days because of the goddamn USB driver, I only can make it because of your help,Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

Shank and Aurelio like this.
  4. Breaking Hard .

Hello Aurelio, You did an amazing job, regards from Ukraine! I am wanted to get native VGA with non trimmed wii. I have softmoded wii with hombrew launcher and USB loader to run WII games from HDD. I got what I should do with hardware part, but the rest is not clear because of You mod is for PortablizeMii. Could You please tell how to install vga software mod in this case?

5. Aurelio The Fixer ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Staff Member . . . . .

Portables:
    The hack works only with portablizemii, since it relies on modified builds of priiloader, postloader and neek2o.

6. Breaking Hard .

I will try install portablizemii and use native VGA

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  7. Diminuendo .

I need to do more portabalizmii research, I'm wondering how well it works for a unmodified hardware. I really would rather use the standard wii menu.

8. Noah The Manager Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    it's better than the Wii menu. you can load anything without having to boot into the HBC first (meaning no Wii remote required.) I use it on a stock Wii and it works fine.

Matthew likes this.
  9. Breaking Hard .

How it works with external HDD? Do I need to install USB loader or its not needed? I will also try to use portabalizmii on unmodified WII just for native VGA, I have ordered one more console for this tests.

10. Noah The Manager Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Hard drives are hit or miss so you'll need to test it yourself or see if someone has found an adapter that's confirmed to work. Loading games is part of the pack, which I think should be covered in the documentation. Everything you need for GC/Wii games is included.

Stitches likes this.