1. We've officially relaunched the store! Check it out by clicking "Store" at the top of the page!
    Dismiss Notice

Release Wii native VGA - version 1.4

Discussion in 'Wii' started by Aurelio, May 27, 2018.

1. ToddyHD Guest

Hi. I have installed the VGA priiloader patch but I am not getting any sync on my screen at all. I reconnected composite and saw that in the settings editor GUI the video output was set to 480p video. The Wii works just fine in composite when connected and boots to the settings editor GUI. Here is some pictures of my wiring. I checked continuity of all of my wiring and everything is connected correctly. I haven't grounded any of the RGB signals but I have a ground wire running from the Wii to ground on my screen driver board.

Is there any way I can check that VGA priiloader was installed successfully?

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3437.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2019
  2. Aurelio The Fixer ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Staff Member . . . . .

Portables:
    Make sure you haven't flipped hsync and vsync. I remember that some vga screns from china have swapped labels

3. ToddyHD Guest

I have checked both and I'm still not getting a signal. Could it be software related?

My screen and driver board are the following Dalian models. The silkscreeen for the keyboard screen controls was reversed so I am wondering whether the pinout for VGA is also reversed as well...

Attached Files:

4. Aurelio The Fixer ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Staff Member . . . . .

Portables:
    Try redoing the sync soldering on the ave, especially the VSync, it looks a bit flimsy

5. ToddyHD Guest

I re-did the wiring and checked continuity from the top of the pins rather than the wires and they're connected well. There's no shorts on either side of the pins either... :/

IMG_3439.PNG

6. Aurelio The Fixer ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Staff Member . . . . .

Portables:
    When you say that composite works fine you mean by disconnecting the mode pin from 3.3V, right? Because otherwise the issue could be there

7. ToddyHD Guest

I definitely bridged the mode sense line and 3.3v when reconnecting RGBHV. Shouldn't the Wii default to postloader on startup and not the settings editor GUI? That's what's happening right now. Maybe I should reinstall postloader from priiloader with my composite cable?

8. ToddyHD Guest

I have joined the VGA club! Aurelio, you're a legend. Thank you for making this possible. Reinstalling the correct version of postloader worked beautifully. The screen looks gorgeous!

Thank you for your hard work. I'm super pleased.

IMG_3442.JPG

9. Aurelio The Fixer ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Staff Member . . . . .

Portables:
    Awesome! If you like my works remember that I have a patreon page :P

10. ToddyHD Guest

Yes I will be signing up as a member shortly. Keep on the lookout :)

Aurelio likes this.
  11. TheMandalorian .

Would it be possible to do this mod without a component cable to select 480p in system menu?

12. jefflongo Broke BitBuilt Staff Member . .

Portables:
    You can connect the component Y signal to a composite port and short mode to 3.3v to get a black and white video output

Stitches likes this.
  13. TheMandalorian .

Thanks! I actually thought of that right after posting that. I just didn't know if i needed to short mode or not.