Question Wii motherboard from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi for start lets say what i use i have soleering iron blablabla for moding and then from ebay i buy wii motherboard for 15 dollars so why not and i see how it can be trimmed diwn but is there any scheme if i desolder anything to make new pcb where it will be capable of wifi bluetooth and eerything i can experiment i have laser printer to print the pcb and i think if ican make own pcb the board canbe even smaller is it true and does someone have the scheme neded to have the hdd wifi bluetooth sensor bar usb and audio video gc will be nice addon but not needeed.At all i need eagle scheme how the board looks like thx everyone.I f it get somwhere from paper i post build log of it.

I mean there's no reason it shouldn't work. But | don't see the benefit, it's much cheaper in time, money and labour to just trim a board. But hey, keep us posted I am curios :)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I mean there's no reason it shouldn't work. But | don't see the benefit, it's much cheaper in time, money and labour to just trim a board. But hey, keep us posted I am curios :)
This

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi for start lets say what i use i have soleering iron blablabla for moding and then from ebay i buy wii motherboard for 15 dollars so why not and i see how it can be trimmed diwn but is there any scheme if i desolder anything to make new pcb where it will be capable of wifi bluetooth and eerything i can experiment i have laser printer to print the pcb and i think if ican make own pcb the board canbe even smaller is it true and does someone have the scheme neded to have the hdd wifi bluetooth sensor bar usb and audio video gc will be nice addon but not needeed.At all i need eagle scheme how the board looks like thx everyone.I f it get somwhere from paper i post build log of it.
You need more punctuation, and less lofty goals.

For first i must know diagram of trimed mothrrboard and normal motherboard compare it what i need from it.And for ither note if i dont need the optical drive can i somehow reprogram the cpu to have instead of it more usb ports or its mission impossible?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
For first i must know diagram of trimed mothrrboard and normal motherboard compare it what i need from it.And for ither note if i dont need the optical drive can i somehow reprogram the cpu to have instead of it more usb ports or its mission impossible?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Basically what it comes down to, is that if you have to ask for help on a motherboard redesign of a recent Nintendo product you lack the knowledge to do so. There is a reason that only Aurelio is attempting it: he almost has his PH.D. in electrical engineering, and has more sheer knowledge on electronics in general than just about anybody on the forums. Projects like these require intensive BGA soldering, years of programming and circuit design practice, and unbelievable amounts of talent.

We're happy to help with projects, but not ones that are ridiculously out of someone's reach. You will not be given Eagle files that Aurelio has poured days of work into. I doubt you'll listen, but start with a normal portable, and give up on a redesign for now.

Iqm nit give up and i have plan itry to do the eagle files from scratch myself

GingerofOz is not telling you to give up and not do anything. He is just making a suggestion to save you from a lot of trouble, frustration, and money. I also started out planning to do to much, and I am thankful that the guys got me to make my goals more realistic for my first portable. It is much better to start small and slowly get better over time. That is what I have figured out.

But if you do keep trying to go for your current idea, I wish you all the best and an extraordinary amount of luck.

Iam not saying that i hack pentagon for first i trim the board then make the diagram and what money i can home pcb etching i can 3d print i can barely(thx to my soldering iron transformatored)solder..

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Iam not saying that i hack pentagon for first i trim the board then make the diagram and what money i can home pcb etching i can 3d print i can barely(thx to my soldering iron transformatored)solder..
Most wii traces are 5mil (~0.12mm). There’s no way you can etch a PCB for the Wii at home, especially considering that you would have to do a 4 layer PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.