wii mote piggyback?

Hi guys, so I saw on some early posts that the Wii uses regulators to cut down the 12v source into a variety of different voltages for the internal components. One of these was 3.3v and that seems like it would be enough to operate a wii mote.

Does anyone have any evidence suggesting that it wouldn't be possible to power a gutted wii mote and nunchuk off of one of those 3.3v lines?

My intent is to put the bare minimum of the wii mote and nunchuck into my portable such that I can navigate the stock system menu as well as navigate the stock system menus of other wiis.

JacksonS

Portables
Yes, that works. Also, the classic controller can be used to navigate the Wii menu by using its joysticks.

Does the nunchuk work for navigation? I was under the impression that the board would be more compact than a classic controller's.

Edit: my b, the nunchuck isn't capable of it, so I would need to use a classic controller. It would probably be simpler to incorporate the classic controller into the portable than to include both that and a GC remote.

Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
tl;dr just like the word piggyback