Question Wii Mini Hacking

Hello! I own a small Discord server. In that server, we are trying to get Homebrew onto the Wii Mini. But for that, we will need either a wasp or wiikey modchip. The reason why this is because of the route we are going to use.
Route:
-Obtain Wii Mini
-Obtain modchip.
-Install modchip into Wii Mini.
-Install Wi-Fi pads into Wii Mini.
-Install SD slot into Wii Mini.
-Obtain copy of Brawl.
-Obtain DVD-R.
-Get IOS36 off NUS.
-Use ShowMiiWads to change the version number to maximum.
-Obtain game ISO.
-Open game ISO in WiiScrubber.
-Replace a WAD in its update partition with new WAD.
-Insert into Wii Mini.
-Install update.
-Get SD card.
-Put SmashStack on SD card.
-Insert Brawl into Wii Mini.
-Perform SmashStack
Hacked.

This works because you can replace any wad or IOS in the update partition of a wii disc with another; the sigcheck won't fail as long as it is from nintendo. This is because the entire update partition is not checked, just the individual files.

Basically, all we need is a modchip. If you have any hit me up and maybe we could work out something over paypal. They are no longer being produced, so it is extremely hard to find one. I'd like to have a few spares in case I mess something up, but even just one would be fine.
You can contact me in the following locations:
My discord tag: Switchful#4834
My email address: cavestoryking[at]protonmail[dot]ch
My discord server invite link: https://discord.gg/uUkuwNc

Not to poke any holes in your theory or anything, but I see a couple problems that might spring up when you are doing this.

How would you just install wifi and sd card? The wii mini was made to run without them. So even if the traces are still on the board for sd and wifi, which i am not sure they are, the software on the wii mini might not even register them.

And since you mentioned getting a brawl disk, i am assuming you want to use the brawl hacking method to download the homebrew channel. Assuming you somehow get the wifi and sd card working with the wii mini, there are a couple problems seeing how that homebrew installation method is made for the original wii. Since the software is different for the wii mini, that method will probably end up bricking your wii mini.

I hope I gave some food for thought here.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
How would you just install wifi and sd card? The wii mini was made to run without them. So even if the traces are still on the board for sd and wifi, which i am not sure they are, the software on the wii mini might not even register them.
This works because you can replace any wad or IOS in the update partition of a wii disc with another; the sigcheck won't fail as long as it is from nintendo. This is because the entire update partition is not checked, just the individual files.
Brawl will be modified, and with Nintendo's update, since it is official, it won't have any problem installing The Wifi.
Although, there is a chance it might not play well with wifi.

But I haz question tho, Wouldn't a Drive modifier, work aswell?
The one's that allow Back up of games(pirated) from disks.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I have a Wii mini with a wasp, GC port 1, SD card slot, and wifi already set up. Was able to play GC games, and use the controller, but stock brawl didn't recognize wifi or SD.

Attempted to boot modified Wii games from WASP didn't work, and I would imagine that update checks were also probably stubbed. If you'd like to send me something to try, I can try it sometime in the future.

I'm currently of the opinion that without a new USB-based exploit, it's highly unlikely that anything like this would work. Would be nice if it was possible to extract the NAND keys, then you could just swap the chips. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I have a Wii mini with a wasp, GC port 1, SD card slot, and wifi already set up. Was able to play GC games, and use the controller, but stock brawl didn't recognize wifi or SD.

Attempted to boot modified Wii games from WASP didn't work, and I would imagine that update checks were also probably stubbed. If you'd like to send me something to try, I can try it sometime in the future.

I'm currently of the opinion that without a new USB-based exploit, it's highly unlikely that anything like this would work. Would be nice if it was possible to extract the NAND keys, then you could just swap the chips. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
how did you wire up the modchip on the mini ?
i didn't find any pinouts for the mini for wiring up a modchip :(

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
I've also been playing around a little bit with the mini, since i had a wkf lying around.. sadly it didn't really work out but i also had some trouble with the wkf in general.. So the wkf has been detected as a GC disk, but if failed to start...

Also strange: the DIBRK signal is not connected to the disk drive.

mini_screen.jpg mini_wkf.jpg

Anyways, here is the pinout i've used (LibreOffice Format)

Attachments