Worklog Wii Micro - first build - any help welcome

Portables
hi all,

I'm specifically wanting to create a small form-factor wii like the wii micros done here before. The purpose is to run only Super Smash Bros. Melee (Slippi) for tournaments. Eventually i might create a comprehensive guide and or videos to help others to do the same. Wiis are a pain to work with as a tournament organizer and having each setup be small and autoboot to tournament melee as well as offload the slippi match replays would be really nice to have (I run and help run ssbm tournaments in norcal).

Friday i have a lot of a few wiis coming from ebay and i plan to soon cut my first mobo (i have a few tools coming in as well that might be a bit longer to arrive).

ideally the build would use:
- the regular wii video out (tournaments use crts)
- internet through usb, no wifi necessary
- no bluetooth necessary

questions:
- it may not need a censor bar since i plan to autoboot directly to Slippi, thoughts? i may be able to do setup before i cut, but i'm not sure.
- will i have any issues running project Slippi since it will be using portablize mii? slippi.gg -info on Slippi
- i do not have a 3d printer, is there anyone in my region who might be able to help me print case parts? I can pay materials and shipping.
- Is there anyone with experience doing a similar build who would be willing to spend some time with me on video chat throughout the build? I am not highly skilled with soldering and i don't have much experience with fine electronics work. A lot of this is very new to me.

timeline - i expect all parts and tools should be here within 2 weeks so i'll post progress as soon as i can and thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some guidance along the way!

Hi, although I don't have much hands on experience with soldering (but some) I have enough knowledge to help. Considering this is a worklog I would highly advise that you give a full parts list to see what you may be missing. Also, don't forget that there are different types of Wiis (4/6 layer boards) that require different cooling systems (the 6 layers running hotter) 3d printer wise alot of people are willing to print, just find someone in the USA so shipping won't be outrageously expensive. I'm not familiar with Slippi though, I'll have to look into it.

Portables
Hi, although I don't have much hands on experience with soldering (but some) I have enough knowledge to help. Considering this is a worklog I would highly advise that you give a full parts list to see what you may be missing. Also, don't forget that there are different types of Wiis (4/6 layer boards) that require different cooling systems (the 6 layers running hotter) 3d printer wise alot of people are willing to print, just find someone in the USA so shipping won't be outrageously expensive. I'm not familiar with Slippi though, I'll have to look into it.
Thanks! As for parts all i have are wiis, i would need some help to get a parts list together i'm nost sure where to find the parts list for jeff's wii micros. My wiis came in yesterday so i'm going to take some time this weekend and see which ones will load up portablize mii and investigate if these are 4 or 6 layer boards

This might be overkill, but for melee tournaments I felt like it would be cool to make a single console hold two wiis so you could make it a little more convenient for transportation and setting up.