Question Wii inside Wii ugamepad

gwippy

What would i need for this build? Asim new to this can someone tell me a wiring guide or link so i can learn

We are here to help, but we are not here to tell you step by step what to do. There are already amazing guides that people put a lot of time into on this site that can answer most of your questions. The best way of planning a portable is reading a bunch of other people's threads and finding out what the key components are. The noob questions thread in the wii section will answer a lot of your questions. But, I recommend you do A LOT of reading into this. Building a portable is not something you rush into without knowing what you are doing. After doing a lot of reading, you will have a good idea on what to do. I have been part of this site for a year and a half to two years and I am still doing reading and learning awesome things. Reading and learning is your best friend.

It will take a lot of time to read through the threads on this site, but it is well worth it.

Last edited:

Paulo

I'm thinking of making a wii portable inside a wii u gamepad shell as well. Is it possible or is the space too small?
It is my first portable and I don't have a 3d printer so I thought it could be a good idea

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I'm thinking of making a wii portable inside a wii u gamepad shell as well. Is it possible or is the space too small?
It is my first portable and I don't have a 3d printer so I thought it could be a good idea
It is possible, although the available space is not too much. @cheese was working on something like that, maybe he could share some tips.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
It's a very tight squeeze, you have to essentially remove all the plastic supports inside. It's also unlikely you can fit 18650s, so you'll have to use flat cells. They sell screens that are the same size as the original, so you can easily get that in there, though you'll have to relocate some of the taller components so you can fit the driver board.

However, if you make a spacer to make it a little thicker, it's much easier to fit everything in there.