Question Wii cut off not recognized gamecube controller help please

Hello, cut a 4-layer plate and weld at the point of the cutting guide I did a test and it is well welded but the command does not recognize me, weld the 3 points that the game cube controller needs 3.3v, gnd, data and nothing where I can weld if it is not in the points of the guide please help
gc_alt.png
20210227_084328.jpg
20210227_084307.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
3.3v and GND can be obtained from wherever it is convenient, such as from your regulators themselves. The wires you are using are far too thick for what you are trying to accomplish. I recommend using thinner wire. You also shouldn't have to hot glue your wires down like that. It doesn't help secure them, and it only makes it harder to inspect and repair. I strongly recommend using isopropyl alcohol to remove the hot glue, and using much thinner wire (like 34 awg magnet wire) to redo those data connections. It will save you a lot of headache.

hello thanks for answering cut another wii and use the same cables and it works perfectly the problem is on that wii board it does not send data only gnd and 3.3v the question is where else can the data points be connected because no remote control works for me that wii board what makes it not send the data from the remote control if I have 3.3v and gnd but the board does not send data because

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
hello thanks for answering cut another wii and use the same cables and it works perfectly the problem is on that wii board it does not send data only gnd and 3.3v the question is where else can the data points be connected because no remote control works for me that wii board what makes it not send the data from the remote control if I have 3.3v and gnd but the board does not send data because
Alrightie. Politely answering your question didn't work, so I guess it's time to take a more blunt approach...

If you aren't going to listen to our advice, why bother asking? You say it "works perfectly" but it clearly doesn't or you wouldn't be having these problems. Your solder connections are trash, and your wire is too thick. Clean them and redo them, or you will never solve your problem. One of those wires runs to the U10 pin, which can have issues with 3.3v logic (such as the gamecube controller data line) when it doesn't receive a stable, properly timed 3.3v signal. This can be caused by, surprise surprise, bad solder connections.

Alrightie. Politely answering your question didn't work, so I guess it's time to take a more blunt approach...

If you aren't going to listen to our advice, why bother asking? You say it "works perfectly" but it clearly doesn't or you wouldn't be having these problems. Your solder connections are trash, and your wire is too thick. Clean them and redo them, or you will never solve your problem. One of those wires runs to the U10 pin, which can have issues with 3.3v logic (such as the gamecube controller data line) when it doesn't receive a stable, properly timed 3.3v signal. This can be caused by, surprise surprise, bad solder connections.
I listen to all the advice, believe me and I do them as they tell me. I told you in my answer that I tested the same cables on another cut plate and it works perfectly since you told me to change the cable and test and with that cable that I use it is fine. I did not test and I thank you, it is the cable that is connected to the u10 that I did not know because my problem is that the board does not send the data that the gamecube control needs to work I am going to try with the u10 I thank you for answering me and for your time will continue trying.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I cleaned up the unnecessary messages in the thread, it got a little side-tracked. Please remember the rules: post in english, don't double post. The language barrier is difficult here and I feel neither of our messages are coming across as intended. Let's stay focused on your Wii problem.

[QUOTE = "Gman, publicación: 46290, miembro: 70"]
Limpié los mensajes innecesarios en el hilo, se desvió un poco. Recuerde las reglas: publique en inglés, no publique dos veces. La barrera del idioma es difícil aquí y creo que ninguno de nuestros mensajes se está transmitiendo como se esperaba. Concentrémonos en tu problema de Wii.
[/CITA]

Thank you very much for having the time to do that, my sincere respects to your person Gman