Discussion Wii BT Module Data Line Adapter

Legend

Portables
Hey Guys,

So i've been having a bit of issues with my BT module being slow and ive been trying to think of what it could be, but thats not why im here.

So Im not sure where all of you amazing people have got your console modding/ hardware modding starts from, but one of my big intros into all this stuff was xbox 360 modding. Upon thinking about my BT module, one of my concerns was my data lines. Im just not sure if theyre on there solid enough, and thats where I feel like some of my input lag etc. could come from.

So I thought about some of the things that were made for the 360, and one thing that came to mind was the Post Fix Adapter. So for xbox 360 slims (specifically the Corona versions), some revisions removed the post trace to the XCGPU to try to stop people from modding the consoles, however they were very lazy and still left the post pin under the XCGPU as it probably would have been a decent design change for something as simple as that. The adapter just consists of a little QSB with anchor points/ hook points, and a pin that goes directly under the XCGPU to make contact with said Post pin.
Post fix 2.jpg

Post fix 1.jpg

So my thought is developing something similar with 2 pins to try to make contact with the 2 BT module data lines. After looking at the Compendium, I noticed that it would be a little more complicated due to the pins being Horizontally beside each other rather than vertically, but I think I could make a work around.
BT Data Lines.PNG

I feel like if this was made, we could finally recommend the 4 layer boards over the 6 as "beginner friendly". This was just a quick thought, but I may make something up. What do you guys think?

Legend

Portables
So after looking a bit further into this, I figured out that I could definitely make something like the Postfix Adapter that at least connects to the outside pad, but I doubt I could get a pin small enough thats isolated about 85% as to not short the other pads.

I did however find that I could slightly bend the end of a 34awg magnet wire and then sort of lodge it in there to make contact with the inside pad. I didnt have the wire tinned so I couldnt verify continuity with said pad, or the ones around it for shorts. Regardless, im not sure how safe that would be anyway to just shove a wire in there.

Im gonna do some more testing, and measuring to make a little mock design of the BT data line adapter so ill keep you all updated!