Worklog Wii Book

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
This should be good! Are you going to use the HDD as a full DVD drive replacement? If so, you may run into troubles booting games without a workaround.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Are you planning on doing any trimming? You probably won't need to since the screen is so big. Also, what are you planning on using for loading games?
Regardless, this looks promising, can't wait!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Stage 2 looking very nice. And that FFC wiring to the screen hnnnnnnnnnnng

The chip from the WODE will work fine, so would a WASP or even just the driver board from the DVD drive. There just needs to be something plugged into the DVD drive FFC that the Wii recognises, then any USB loader can run games without trouble. PortablizeMii beats that requirement by using some form of software trick (hacked IOS maybe?), but you can't use most portable HDDs with it.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
There's nothing stopping you from using an HDD with PortablizeMii; I posted a thread awhile back of a known working USB HDD adapter.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That's not a bad list

LOG 2.5

The cooler is only handwarm after 3 hours mario kart :)

next step is getting Portablizemii running :) and get rid of the wifi module muahaha
(Why Portablizemii because I find that it is better than the chip on longer view)

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you're going to use PortablizeMii, I suggest making a linux live CD/USB and booting into it to format the drive you plan to use with the Wii. Seems to be one of the only ways to make sure compatible drives work consistently.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Don't bother wasting your time with that unless it doesn't work on any drive you have.

I wouldn't suggest Linux right away because it's rather confusing for newcomers, and unless the drive is not working correctly to begin with, you don't need to fix a problem that isn't there. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"