Question Wii Backups

So here is the real reason for no longer just lurking and staring at the all prettys.

I have a launch day Wii that I soft modded somewhere around 2007. It recently started scratching game discs and I've decided that it is officially time to get all my backups on a USB hard drive. Problem is I modded this thing so long ago I've forgotten a lot and so much has changed since then that I am worried I'm gonna brick it. It was like a friend in college so I can't just let it die.

I modded it well before the dreaded system menu 4.0. Added homebrew broswer and everything else came directly from that. Bunch of emulators, dvd support, usb 2.0, etc. No idea what CIOS I modded at the time and I know they have changed the locations modded. I've run sys check but it might as well be greek. Oh and bootmii wont run but I'm sure that is somehow my fault.

And of course I can not find any backups of the original NAND or anything like that.

So how can I get this up to date? Seriously who better to ask than the
PortablizeMii guys.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Did you try just running a system update? It'd also be a good idea to at least find a way to get the nand key