Question Wifi Relocation

When i was relocating the WiFi board i desoldered the filters where you are supposed to relocate and now it will not turn on and I am sure the relocation is correct does this stop the WiFi module from working?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Not sure. Also, if you used the diagram I sent you, I literally just found out that pins 16, 17 and 19 are backwards. So, it should go 2 3 5 19 17 16 on the arrays.

Oh that might be part of the problem I can try to wire it that way and see what happens ill let you know if it works without the filters or not because I used to remove the disk drive filters on the gamecube and nothing happened so they might be crucial for the WiFi module to work

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Yeah, to better phrase that, just swap pins 16 and 19. Also, your wires need to be really, really short. I've been fighting with this other board all morning and those two things were what it was.

I was able to rewire it successfully i also soldered some of pins from the module directly to the processor just thought that would be worth mentioning as i ruined some of the filters traces

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Pics? I'm really curious to know which pins you can skip, as I'd love to have the option to solder to nice vias instead of the arrays.

IMG_1298.JPG

Sorry if the picture is too big I don't know how to upload pictures but I traced the filters to the processor and soldered to those vias almost like the game cube disk drive I only did that for the broken traces though