Whoa... Switch Hype

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
Been reading up on all the sick features the Switch is rumored to have. Apparently it will launch with three first-party GameCube VC games?! I mean, whaaat? :awesome: Sadly, that's putting a hold on my pathetic GC portable attempts for the moment.

Also, Breath of Wild looks sick. I literally cried watching Treehouse Live vids yesterday. Anyone else as infatuated with LoZ as I am?

Portables
3/4
I sure hope it turns out to be an awesome console/handheld, it seems to be going in that direction so far. And I can honestly say that Zelda is one of the main reasons I still play video games, lol!! It's also the biggest reason I even started looking into doing portables in the first place... so I could play the full on versions of Zelda from anywhere so I'm over excited for the BotW!! :D

JacksonS

Portables
I'm excited to see what comes of the new console and new branding without "Wii" in it. That alone should draw people in. I'm also happy that GameCube emulation might be a reality, but I'm going to be concerned if it does Wii emulation too...

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I'm also happy that GameCube emulation might be a reality, but I'm going to be concerned if it does Wii emulation too...
The wii and gamecube aren't too far from each other, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw some wii titles emulated on the switch as well.

Noah

retired
Portables
I'm excited to see what comes of the new console and new branding without "Wii" in it. That alone should draw people in. I'm also happy that GameCube emulation might be a reality, but I'm going to be concerned if it does Wii emulation too...
Even if it emulates GameCube similarly to the Wii "emulating" N64 for virtual console, there will only be a very limited number of games that are ported over.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Even if it emulates GameCube similarly to the Wii "emulating" N64 for virtual console, there will only be a very limited number of games that are ported over.
Haha well if they go that route, I expect to see paper Mario and the thousand year door. And that is basically everything I could ask of a portable. I wouldn't complain about wiiware, but I doubt they'll do it since most wii games need a sensor bar. Just one more reason to get on with my wiip :P