Question while I wait - ASCIIWii

while im waiting on parts to arrive I have made my USB, loaded 1 gc and 1 Wii game to see. if it worked, all clear. I have dismantled the Wii and done the u10 chip. and that extra wire ready for trim, however waiting on parts I thought id load all the games ready, question is... will the Wii boot like this.... with that chip relocated to see if the new games im adding in working..... or shall I wait till the portable is completed

BASE6

Assuming that you successfully relocated the U10 chip with the wire going to the GPU via pin then it should be able to boot the Wii and play GameCube games. Did you relocate the Bluetooth module? If you did then you can play the Wii games that you plan to upload to the USB. You can upload games to the USB before or after you trim but Wii bare minimum needs power and detect U10 to boot. The Bluetooth module is optional but required for Wii games to work.

no i have not done the bluetooth chip i was hoping not to do it at all, however on that boot i just placed the chip back in place and worked fine :) but if you sat i goto do the BT relocation for wii games might have to do it :(

BASE6

Yeah that requires sanding or using a fiberglass pen to get access the 0.1 mm data line traces going to the GPU. That's the most difficult part. Depending how good your soldering skills are it can be done even though it's tricky. I did it twice and you need steady hands to make sure you don't short the 2 traces. I practiced on a dead PC mobo before my attempt on the Wii. The bluetooth module relocation is completely optional but with practice you can do it.

Well I plan my build with a acsii controller so the official controller is there so I was hoping a straight solder to the board at some point if that's at all possible

It's quite possible, if you look at the trim guide you will see the solder points to relocate the controller ports. The controller ports essentially make the controller removable, so solder your wires to the vias and act like the controller inside is the port.