Solved Which Gamecube joystick should I buy?

So as part of building an Ashida I need some GC joysticks. The BOM doesn't give a link to any but does recommend to harvest some from a GC controller but that has proved to be a colossal pain in the ass to try and remove them without wrecking them. So I have decided to go down the lazy path and just buy some off the internet. I have found these with a quick google search ---> Will this work or should I buy a different one?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Nunchucks are half decent for harvesting sticks from too if you can get a few of them

Just curious what kind of issues you were having in removing OEMs from OEM controllers? I was able to reliably get them off with a hot air station and making sure the heat was on an angle so that it didn't transfer through and melt any plastic on the joysticks.

Just curious what kind of issues you were having in removing OEMs from OEM controllers? I was able to reliably get them off with a hot air station and making sure the heat was on an angle so that it didn't transfer through and melt any plastic on the joysticks.
Well I forgot the plastic does this magical thing known as melting under heat so I kinda melted the joysticks in the process of removing them lol.