Question Where is the custom RTD software?

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
A while back @BocuD was working on a custom firmware for the RTD2660 display driver.
He said he was planning to release the firmware, but it's been a year, so I'm wondering where I could get some custom firmware to get started.
Also, how do you connect to the board to flash the chip?

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
A lot of the code is proprietary and copyrighted. Hence, it's probably why it hasn't been shared publicly. I would message BocuD directly if you want assistance with the firmware.

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
Ok, cool.

BocuD

Portables
Yeah thats the main reason nothing was ever released. It was also never really finished, I mostly ended up just using it to display messages on screen on my portable (battery info and stuff) and clean up the general user experience, kinda making everything seem more seamless. I might dump some stuff publicly somewhere on a git repo but it would only be diffs and a hash of the original dump.

Yeah thats the main reason nothing was ever released. It was also never really finished, I mostly ended up just using it to display messages on screen on my portable (battery info and stuff) and clean up the general user experience, kinda making everything seem more seamless. I might dump some stuff publicly somewhere on a git repo but it would only be diffs and a hash of the original dump.
What about doing ips patches or something along those lines?

It is not feasible, as there are numerous models of screens with different setups. Mount your development environment first, after that if you need help, let me know.

Apologies for dragging an old thread to life.

I have a few questions regarding the RTD2660 IC and the programming methods. My attempts to gain traction with suppliers in the US has proven unsuccessful thus far. Any details would be appreciated regarding IC supply and the programming setup. Thanks.