Question What to do with GBA

So, I managed to get my hands on an original model Gameboy Advance, and I am trying to decide what I do with it. I have it narrowed down to two options. The first, is consolize it, giving it HDMI out and a controller port to play GBA games on a tv. The other option is a full on upgraded handheld (metal shell + buttons, new screen, usbc rechargable battery). Both are along the same price point, consolizing being a bit cheaper, however it will take a bit more effort than upgrading it. So I am taking a bit of a poll to see what people more experienced in console modding would recommend. Im not sure if I would keep it or resell it when it is done.

Ceirt

well i will try to split this depending on the keep or resell.
If you want to resell it , go consolizing all the way , i see tons of modded gameboys every day, basically you will be another one on the ebay list. Plus is super fun to make one.
But if you want to keep it, i suggest you to mod the hell out of that gba. Go and add everything you like about the console. Make it unique to you. And if that "Unique" is a Consolized GBA , then do that.

1605665830793.jpg

Consalizing is cool, but in the end it will just feel the same as playing it on an emulator, while getting an ips screen keep the original controles but it is night and day in term of screen quality.

In the end what matter most, is, if you play with it, which way you will do it.

After some consideration, I think Ill make this GBA the Ultimate GBA Machine (Metal shell/buttons, rechargeable battery, etc), mostly because the consolizing kit is out of stock at the moment T_T. This is what Im currently looking at in terms of shell/buttons, courtesy of BoxyPixel
1605825085711.png
1605825104098.png

IT IS DONE! Althugh I may need to reopen it eventually. The guy who owned it before me busted a fuse on the mobo, and didnt replace it, he just bridged it with solder. Everything seems to he working fine now, but I will be keeping my eye on it for the forseeable future.

Attachments

Ceirt

nice!. it looks quite good with the metal shell. For the next time, you could try these screen glasses from retrosix

basically is a black glass with transparent letters so you could put any kind of paper behind the letters xD

nice!. it looks quite good with the metal shell. For the next time, you could try these screen glasses from retrosix
Oohh, nice! Im already using a glass lens, but Ill keep this in mind for later! Planning on building another one for my brother for Christmas.