what parts of a gamecube can i use in a wii portable?

Mattea

basically, the title... I'm planning on making a Wii portable, and I have an extra GameCube I could use... I'm thinking of using the memory card slot and ports if possible, anything else I could use? thanks!

why would you want to cannibalise a gamecube for its ports and memory card slot, when you can already get those from a wii, also gc ports on a portable wii, pretty cool, never seen it done before, although its for sure been done

You can get most of the parts you need just from the Wii its self but I have seen quite a few people harvesting Gamecube controllers instead of the console for things like joysticks and buttons.

Mattea

why would you want to cannibalise a gamecube for its ports and memory card slot, when you can already get those from a wii, also gc ports on a portable wii, pretty cool, never seen it done before, although its for sure been done
I accidentally got the family edition (I think its called) it's a 4layer board but not with gc ports etc, so that's why I'm thinking

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Buying a set of controller ports for easy testing isn't a bad idea, but memory card relocation after trimming is really fiddly and not really worth IMO