What Operating System(s) is(are) your choice(s)?

Somehow not at all surprised that Noah is a part of the "I run arch btw" gang

For my desktop, I run Mint and kept it mostly stock, with some menu bar widgets and stickied applications.

For my laptop, I run... OSX 10.7 on a 13-year old Macbook Pro. Through 3 overheats, near-HDD failure, and dents all over the case, this laptop has clung to life and I will honor it by using it for as long as possible, or at least until Minecraft won't run on it anymore :D

I mainly use Manjaro Linux and have a KVM setup for Windows in case I need to run a windows app or Proton struggles to run a windows game under Linux

Portables
(have two in production behind the scenes)
I typically stick with modded OS'es (which crazy enough both of the forums that have those run xenforot just like us) I use Windows 7 BlueCore VE from TeamOS personally.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Do you have that working with hardware passthrough? And how well? I've been wanting to do something like that and finally move back to using Debian.
I have KVM set up with hardware passthrough for my VR setup, it works surprisingly well as long as you set it up correctly :P

You'll probably want to look into the level1techs stuff on vfio passthrough, they have a ton of great resources on how to get everything set up. You'll probably also want to look into using looking glass so you don't have to do weird stuff with your displays

Somehow not at all surprised that Noah is a part of the "I run arch btw" gang

For my desktop, I run Mint and kept it mostly stock, with some menu bar widgets and stickied applications.

For my laptop, I run... OSX 10.7 on a 13-year old Macbook Pro. Through 3 overheats, near-HDD failure, and dents all over the case, this laptop has clung to life and I will honor it by using it for as long as possible, or at least until Minecraft won't run on it anymore :D
You’d do well with a 2010 mbp 15” as you can pick them up on eBay for next to nothing with a restart problem (easy to fix for a bit built builder).

I heavily used windows, I stopped using windows (windows 10 sucks) when I tried Linux then I heavily used opensuse, then I stopped using Linux when I started using Mac OS, never looked back