Question What material is best?

I am placing an order for an Ender 3 pro, and wanted to know if there was a preferred filament for portable cases, like ABS, PLA, etc.

Pablo

Portables
3 - G-Wii, Gamebii, G-Boy
Probably petg due to strength and it's suitability for high temps

ABS is really difficult to print on open-frame style machines (Ender-3, CR-10). It requires a closed-heated area, otherwise an air draft can cool it too quickly and make it warp off the build platform. Without modification to the printer, Ender-3 style machines are not even able to print with ABS, unless they are very small prints. I've had a CR-10s for almost 2 years now and I believe that PLA is perfectly fine for portable cases. Technically PETG is more durable than PLA, but I've never used it before as I've never really had a use case to use it before. PLA is fine, even when a case is dropped from chest height. When designing your case, don't use thin walls, try and design everything to be about 3mm - 3.5mm thick. Slice with about 30% infill and you'll be golden
TL;DR:
PLA is fine for portable cases

Tron

I also recommend PLA. I find PETG to be more troublesome to print and it tends to be more stringy which can generate a lot more work for post processing.

MJMT

Portables
Just got an Ender 5 Plus and tried to print an Ashida as my 1st large print. Not too thrilled with the way it came out. For sure way too many supports as well. I had used PLA for this. I bought a roll of PETG and an enclosure for it now.

Attachments