Discussion what is the easiest portable with not too many extra things for beginners?

i just started soldering and portables look really cool, and my school has a 3d printer and i have a lot of tools, and i feel like building one would be the best way to get experience. what do you guys recommend as the easiest for a beginner?

Nzqs

New to all of this stuff myself, and from what ive seen and gathered, it looks like the Wii is your best bet. Im also in the process of making one portable.

New to all of this stuff myself, and from what ive seen and gathered, it looks like the Wii is your best bet. Im also in the process of making one portable.
yea im pretty certain on using a wii since it consumes less power and has much more options. ive homebrewed some wiis and ive been into that stuff for years now, only now am i doing the whole hardware stuff

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
prob but im more interested in wii portables since i always have homebrewed wiis
Just so you know, the Wii is probably one of the cheapest parts of a portable, so don't decide to make one based on the fact that you have a Wii.

A raspberry pi portable is indeed probably the easiest beginner portable project. If you really want to make a Wii portable, I'd probably go for the gwii

Portables
I say go for a gwii, I built my first one for around $300 that’s just parts.