What I'm planning for my first build/A few questions

Hey, guys. I’m totally new around here but I’ve been looking around for a while researching and getting ready to make my first portable. I’ve got a general idea of everything I want to include in it but I have a few questions and wanted to verify my understanding of a few things first if I could. So my plan is this:

I have a 79001 motherboard. I’m going to do at least the standard trim, but may end up going for the advanced trim.
I’ll wire a Free McBoot memory card to the motherboard.
I’ll load games via Raspberry Pi 3 SMB
I’ll use the U-Amp 2 from the 4Layertech store for the audio
I want to use VGA video and I was thinking about using this screen but I’m unsure if it’s compatible with the 15khz signal- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.2.110a58c1t8uDyy
As far as batteries, I’ll probably end up with a 2s1p configuration at 7.4V, though I’m not sure what batteries I’ll end up with. I think I want something with at least 3400mAh but I’d prefer something even greater.
I’d like to use a CMB but I’m not sure what to go with. A PS2 PMS would be perfect as I wouldn’t have to make custom regulators if I did go with the advanced trim but I’m not sure if I can get one of those.
Lastly, the controls. I have both a Sony and 3rd party ps2 controller that I could use the board from. I’m also contemplating getting PS2+ so that I can use whatever joysticks that I want.

So now I have some questions/verifications.

1: This is my understanding of the voltage relocation for the advanced trim -
  • I need to connect all of the areas labeled as 2.5V in the trimming guide to each other. Then I need to supply 2.5V to one of those areas from my 2.5V regulator. And repeat this process for each of the voltages. - Is this understanding correct?

2: I’ve seen a lot of discussion about using Pi’s to load games via SMB. This is my understanding of how it works -
  • If your PI is 3b+ or greater, you can remove both the ethernet jack from the ps2 and the pi. Then you wire the pi directly to the ps2 board but with some 33nF capacitors.
  • If your PI is 3b or less, you need to keep one of the transformers from one of the ethernet jacks. Then you can wire from the Pi -> transformer -> PS2. These older Pi’s need the transformer to be able to send anything via ethernet.
Is this a correct understanding of this?

3: Do I need a 3.3V regulator to send power to the U-Amp 2?

4: How can I tell if a screen supports 15khz VGA? I’ve seen examples of screens that people have linked and say that they work, but on the store page for the product that they link I don’t see anything indicating that this would be the case. I’ve also seen people say that 480i = 15khz. Is this true as well? If so, I still don’t see anything for those screens indicating that they support 480i or 15khz VGA.

5: I saw that @Gman said on the discord about 2 weeks ago that they were working on a PS2 PMS. Is there an ETA on when this might come out? Would I be better off waiting or just making custom regulators and pursuing a different CMB? If a PS2 PMS isn't in the picture, what CMB would you guys recommend for this?

6: Is there any benefit to going with a 16:9 ratio screen? I saw somewhere that a few games can support it. But will having a 16:9 screen cause my other games that don’t support it to stretch?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!