Question What are some quick and cost effective ways to get things 3D-Printed?

So, I don't have access to a 3D Printer in my house, and there's nowhere to really get things 3D Printed locally, so I was wondering if there were any services online where I could send files to somebody and have them printed and shipped to me? Thanks.

splain

Yeah, there are places who can do quality prints and ship them to you, like Shapeways. Do a Google search for "3d printing services" to find lots, possibly including local places you didn't know about.

If you're on reddit, there's r/3dprintmything, where you can have a stranger print it for you and mail it to you, but probably lower quality and maybe some risk involved. But cheaper. I've never used it but I plan to in the future for cheap prototyping.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
yo compre impresora anet a 8 aprendi a usar scketchup es muy facil en un mes y poco dinero los resultados son estos para una ps2
From the rules you accepted when you registered on BitBuilt:
9. Use only English on the Forums
BitBuilt is a website with members all around the globe. In order to make the threads understandable by all users, all public posts must be written in English. If you are not a native speaker please take your time to put things down in an understandable way.

So, I don't have access to a 3D Printer in my house, and there's nowhere to really get things 3D Printed locally, so I was wondering if there were any services online where I could send files to somebody and have them printed and shipped to me? Thanks.
I'm doing that for my recent development projects, I will soon post a worklog of one, I order them from a online shop that only sells 3d printed products. At least here in my case they were the cheapest service and the print quality is good, as I can't right now afford my own printer, it's a very nice way of not letting my projects halt.

The cons of this are, I don't have a huge 3d design experience, so in my case when I make a design mistake is a lot harder to correct them, and they do happen a lot, I imagine even to experienced designers.

sorry for the language 3d printing is easier and cheaper than it seems to buy an Anet A8 less than 150 dollars I learned to design in scketchup for about 3 weeks the results are these I encourage you to buy one instead of spending the money in ordering it from others I am a total newbie and my ps2 is looking great

Attachments

Last edited:

jhonny

sorry for the language 3d printing is easier and cheaper than it seems to buy an Anet A8 less than 150 dollars I learned to design in scketchup for about 3 weeks the results are these I encourage you to buy one instead of spending the money in ordering it from others I am a total newbie and my ps2 is looking great
The Anet A8 is quite dangerous out of the box. I have one, and it caught fire while printing because I didn't do the safety upgrades. It's a bad idea to get one if you aren't willing to spend extra time and money fixing all of Anet's engineering failures. OP hasn't said how much they want to print, but if it's only a few prints, buying a whole printer isn't really worth it.

ps2.jpeg
ps2.jpeg
ps2.jpeg
man I speak from my experience if you have to waste a little time and take care of the connections ,,, investigate a little ,,
see some tutorial ,,, the parts for security update are very cheap in amazon
I have printed pieces of 17 hours
even longer I have it for about 2 years and it has not given me problems