Weirdest thing you've found inside a console?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I've had a LOT of various consoles open over the last year or so, and occasionally I find weird things inside. I was curious of any of you have had the same experience since a few of you have stacks of shells. :)

Most recently I found a cardboard penny inside of a SNES. Not even a real penny, a cardboard one from some game that somehow got into a snes.

The second weirdest thing was ramen noodles inside of a gamecube. It wasn't a dirty GameCube, it was totally clean and fully functional, except it had ramen inside. This wouldn't be as weird if it were a NES or something, but the image of someone carefully inserting ramen noodles either into the side vent or on top through the laser hole makes me giggle. That much ramen doesn't just fall off your plate through a tiny hole in a gc.

Anybody got some weird stuff to share?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I had a live roach crawl out onto my hand when disassembling a clean looking wii remote, of all things. Just when you think you're safe...

I work at a video game repair shop, so I've seen alot of strange things. Stuff shoved inside disk drives slots like money, fake money, paper, 5 disks at once, crackers. Gross things like cockroaches and super gross smokers dust. People have even completely smashed in newer consoles and expect us to fix it for super cheep.
Wish I kept some pictures, but It looks like I got rid of them all.

I think the grossest thing I've seen is a ps3 that looks like the Roach64, though admittedly not as gross at that one. That one is horrible.

OH! I remember now!
The grossest console I've had to have worked on was an Xbox One that was covered in cat piss.
Worst stuff to clean off, and pro tip: never burn cat piss, It's the worst smell ever.
Plus side is I was able to get it working again, had to reflow the processor after trying to clean it.

GC64

Portables
I once disassembled an iphone 3GS (so you know it was long ago) and found child-sized finger prints on the shielding under the motherboard. Keep in mind I had bought this phone brand new from the store, so the only person who had ever owned it at that point was me...

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I once disassembled an iphone 3GS (so you know it was long ago) and found child-sized finger prints on the shielding under the motherboard. Keep in mind I had bought this phone brand new from the store, so the only person who had ever owned it at that point was me...
Not sure if sweatshop joke or actual experience. XD

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Live roach colony. LIVE. They were everywhere.
Dead roach colony
SD in the disc slot
Monopoly money
Quarters
A key
Half a dorito
Mario Kart DS (in a Wii)
That's all of the top of my head. People stick a lot of weird things into the wii's disc drive.

Vonn

Portables
I found my first Genesis in a dumpster behind a Party City. After taking it home, I opened the shell up to reveal a veritable compost colony; pill bugs, worms, and I think even a centipede. I laid down some isopropyl justice upon its innards.
A few years later I actually bought a power cable and a game cart (Gunstar Heroes, FYI). Worked perfectly.

More recently, I got a gamecube with popcorn kernels and I think rice in it.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Not a console, but found something interesting inside a Genesis cartridge once. My dad bought some used Genesis games once and the most interesting-looking of them all (Flashback: Quest for Identity) rattled around inside its shell and I could never get it to work. Fast forward to just a few years ago when I finally got a gamebit and decided to open the cart to see what was wrong. Somebody had chopped up a non-Genesis cartridge PCB and shoved it in the Flashback shell. The Nintendo silkscreen is clearly visible on the PCB, but the ROM chip had long since been ripped off.

ttsgeb

I got an xbox once that wouldn't power on, so I cracked it open to find that was literally packed with dead roaches. I have no clue how they even managed it.
I took it out of the case, immediately put the case and DVD drive in the dumpster, and immediately put the motherboard in a 5 gallon bucket filled with soapy water and let it set.
A week and a generous scrubbing with my roommate's toothbrush later, I had a working xbox.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
I bought a Dreamcast from someone on Craigslist, opened it up and there was my name in black sharpie.

Long story short, someone had stolen my Dreamcast years before that, and the dude I bought it from ended up with it a few months after it was stolen from me
WOW, just.... wow, you bought your own console.