Weird Screen Problem- SOLVED!

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
Just some information on a problem I encountered and macgyvered a solution for, in case it helps anyone else:

I was fiddling around with this 5.6" LCD I bought from Pescadl and noticed it wouldn't work properly. When I turned it on it just displayed vertical lines and strange, blooming color patterns.

I figured the glass was cracked, but it wasn't. So I guessed the driver board was fried. But close inspection revealed no shorts or burnouts or splotches of Arctic Silver on the SMD pins, which normally is the culprit in my hideously messy workstation. Finally, I inspected the ZIF thingy and the ribbon cable.

Aha! Each pin had a divot in it. I must have unplugged and replugged the cable so many times the ZIF socket had pushed indentations into each pin on the cable. I decided to just go for it and used a sharp pair of scissors to trim off a tiny sliver from the end of the cable. Then, I plugged everything back together and it worked fine.

Moral of the story: Don't unplug and reinsert ZIF ribbon cables ten bajillion times if you don't want to have to trim your ribbon cables.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Scissors can solve a lot of problems, unless the lamp is still plugged in