Solved Ways to test PMS Lite & PD 2 on non-trimmed wii

Hey there!

I wanted to test my PMS lite and the PD 2 together on my currently untrimmed Wii, is that possible? And if so, how?

Thanks,
Joe

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Howdy!

It is possible to test an untrimmed board with the PMS / PD, but you would need to desolder all the existing power circuitry off the Wii, which would be a bit tedious and time consuming. I don't really see any reason to test an untrimmed Wii with those boards anyway, they only really come into play once the Wii is trimmed (away from the aforementioned onboard regulators)

Ah, thanks! I knew there was something like that in the way, gotta find the Dremel... it's hiding somewhere!

One use case of this scenario would be that your untrimmed wii has a power fault and wont boot up due to that power problem. Ive seen this behavior looking like the wii power light flashing green for one moment then going either red or orange... i had to desolder all regulator circuitry and then I could wire in a PMS to the normal voltage points around the CPU/GPU and got it to boot safely.

In normal cases this would not be useful as you can just apply 12v to the main power input and run your non trimmed wii.