Question Wasp Fusion Solid Blue Light

Hello, first time poster, long time reader. To anyone that reads this, any assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated. After many many hours designing and testing to perfection my 3D printed case for my "GameCube Advance SP" (GCA SP) it was finally ready to print and put it together. Slowly working on it a little every day, every time making certain all of the electronics were working. This way I could narrow down any problems that would arise. The Wasp Fusion was working perfectly, and for no reason that I can figure out, it no longer is. The blue light is solid and does not waiver. The GameCube of course displays the "error has occurred" message and does not autoboot into SWISS like it used to. I've checked, double checked, triple checked, even quadruple and quintuple checked the wiring and continuity on the FFC sockets and cables, the SD card, Wasp, and Megadrive V5. Everything is exactly how it should be, and was working for months. My only guess is that the Wasp itself is borked somehow. Being unable to acquire a new one for a simple swap test, I seek assistance in fixing this one. Or if there was a way to purchase a new one, I'd be grateful to know about it.

P_20170118_152649.jpg P_20170118_152705.jpg P_20170118_152834.jpg P_20170118_152927.jpg P_20170118_152936.jpg

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I haven't worked with wasp/wkf in a while so I can't help much, but have you checked if it does the same thing with no SD card inserted? And have you tried re-seating the ribbon cables?

Yeah, without any SD card or with the SD slot and cable completely removed it does the same thing. Solid blue light. And yep, I've reseated the cables dozens of times, ordered and tried new ones, and even pulled apart a Wii to steal its drive cable to try it. No dice. I will eventually move onto the Wii, but it would be just super to have this working before I jump back into AutoCAD and make my files work for a Wii.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Hmm, if it does the same thing with no SD card that makes me think the problem is related to that, but I can't say for sure since I haven't dealt with them in a while and I don't have one on hand to test

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
I can't help here but I love your GBA SP inspired case.

Dumb question, but have you tried a new SD ribbon? Seems like the one you have is kinda beat up, you mentioned the drive ribbon, but not the SD ribbon... Just a thought

Bakuku

Portables
Ive had this issue couple of times...
Your best option is to do the wiring all over for the modchip. Somewhere there might be a cable that os connected but only slightly or something like that.

Yeah, I've swapped out the SD cable many times too. Several from my parts bin, a brand new one, even pulled apart my laptop to use it's touchpad cable because I knew it for sure worked. Still nothing. Thanks everyone for your assistance so far. And thanks, I'm pretty proud of it myself. If I can get it to work my plan is to sell my files or sells some 3D prints of it to anyone that may want it. Even build them and sell them fully. It's designed to be extremely easy to build. If I can't, I'm gonna move onto the Wii and those plans will have to wait.