Want to ensure motherboard + outline are satisfactory before performing trim

Kibble

Heyo,

I've had a pretty smooth experience disassembling my Wii this afternoon thanks to the excellent guide. However, just to be safe before delving into the point of no return, I'd appreciate if someone with more expertise than myself could make sure that it's all looking good. I also noticed that some of the components on my motherboard look a bit different or are in a slightly different location to those of the guide's model, but hopefully that won't be an issue.
omgwtf.jpg

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
You've got a 6 layer board, which has a different trimming guide, and also isn't compatible with G-Boys. Take another look in the guide hub Wii section and there's a dedicated guide that discusses the differences between the boards and how to identify them properly.

Kibble

You've got a 6 layer board, which has a different trimming guide, and also isn't compatible with G-Boys. Take another look in the guide hub Wii section and there's a dedicated guide that discusses the differences between the boards and how to identify them properly.
Thanks so much for the heads up. I'm very glad I decided to post this before trimming.