Voltage regulator question

Ewhizz

Hi guys,
I'm looking at doing an arcade cabinet style thing and have purchased a 12v 4A power supply to power the screen driver. Basically I only want one cable going into the unit so have to find someway of supplying 12v 4a aswell as two 5v sources to power rpi and speaker all from one 12v 4A supply is this possible?
Thanks

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi guys,
I'm looking at doing an arcade cabinet style thing and have purchased a 12v 4A power supply to power the screen driver. Basically I only want one cable going into the unit so have to find someway of supplying 12v 4a aswell as two 5v sources to power rpi and speaker all from one 12v 4A supply is this possible?
Thanks
You should be able to do that easily with a car lighter socket phone charger. You'll just have to shop around to find one with enough current output to run the Pi. Otherwise, gedda PTH08080.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Make sure your screen doesn't actually require all that power, or it may turn off when you power the pi from the same supply

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
If you have a cheap multimeter, the simplest way would be to measure the current (amps) the screen is drawing when it's on.