Question Voltage Regulation

I am redesigning a mini-arcade machine, and I would like to make it rechargeable. It requires 4.5v of electricity. I was going to use a pth08080wah regulator, but I was thinking: would I be able to just use a rechargeable 9v battery and a simple 2-resistor voltage divider instead?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I am redesigning a mini-arcade machine, and I would like to make it rechargeable. It requires 4.5v of electricity. I was going to use a pth08080wah regulator, but I was thinking: would I be able to just use a rechargeable 9v battery and a simple 2-resistor voltage divider instead?
No because the voltage between the resistors depends on the current and it will not be stable voltage.

Did you actually manage t o finish this project? It looked fascinating. I'm a big arcade game in Farm and enjoying playing all sorts of pink balls and Pac-Man whenever I get a chance. I remember one time I spent the whole day in a cruise ship wasting my money and time on a racing game. If I could find a way to adjust the voltage for my home and put one, it would definitely be something to look forward to. So far from what I have found online I just need a voltage stabilizer similar to that one here https://www.ashleyedisonuk.com/voltage-stabilisers/ in order to not fry up the whole electrical grid in my house.

Last edited:
I didn't really have the best tools or a lot of knowledge when I was making this, so I kind of ruined it with pulled pads, busted boards, etc. I've got more experience now, as well as much better tools, so I might go back to it some day, but for now I've moved on to other projects. I'm glad you found it interesting, though!