Question Video out

Harry

hey, so this is my first time ever modding a console, and I was just wondering how you can solder RCA/composite connections up to screen, does anyone have a diagram or info that would help? Thanks

Basically trying to attach screen

Last edited by a moderator:

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
hey, so this is my first time ever modding a console, and I was just wondering how you can solder RCA/composite connections up to screen, does anyone have a diagram or info that would help? Thanks

Basically trying to attach screen
Solder one end of a wire to the Wii's composite out pin or any other relocation point of the composite video signal which you can find in the trimming guide, and the other end to your screen's composite input pin. You can look at where your plug would normally go in the driver board and just solder to the pin the header connects to.

Note that it's better to use shielded wire which you can get from the wifi antenna or by chopping a Wii composite cable to prevent interference. Basically the shielded wire will be a wire for the video signal covered by a stranded wire coating which you connect both ends to ground to prevent interference from messing with the video signal. Just make sure the shielding doesn't come in contact with the internal wire.

BocuD

Portables
Dont forget to add a gnd connection between the wii and your LCD, it wont work without one. If you decide to use shielded wire, just solder the shielding to any gnd point on the wii (big circular pads of copper) and on any gnd point on your LCD. Using the negative power input connection is probably the easiest here.

Harry

Yeah, I'm really bad at this kind of thing, is there any way you could make it simpler for me to understand?

--Merge Posts--

I want to make it (if possible) the connection soldered tothe Wii, then having the rca connection at the other end (full connector)

--Merge Posts-- Please don't double post

An artists/noobs impression

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Portables
776508C0-54AB-47D0-A275-115E0487BCC8.jpeg
Ok. The simplest way to explain:

1. Take the wires around the yellow wire and twist them so it forms a strand.

2. Strip a tiny bit of the yellow wire in the middle

3.Tin the wires sparingly (place solder on 2 wires separately)

4. Solder yellow wire to what is labeled composite on the diagram (make sure board is facing the right orientation according to the diagram)

5. Solder the tinned bundled wires that were around your yellow wire to what is labeled ground or the black spots in the diagram.

6. Connect cable output to a screen and enjoy.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
@Harry

Please read through the Rules. They can be located in most subforums, stickied to the top. Please note that it is against the rules to double/triple post. If this continues, then you may get your permissions taken away to post or even banned.