Question VGA Screen Trouble

ey b0is

So I bought this screen (https://www.buydisplay.com/default/...d-display-with-hdmi-vga-video-av-driver-board). It works to some degree. when there's no signal the backlight is fine. the buttons work, etc. But when I plug in a VGA source (my PC), the screen goes dark and nothing happens. When I plug in a CVBS source, it does display an image but it has as much backlighting as a GameBoy for some reason. I know my power source is good, so wut do? have I been "China'd" once more?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Have you tried feeding it HDMI? If all input types fail then you probably got a dud.

I'm stupid. I bought this off of eBay and didn't realize this listing wasn't the exact same thing. It doesn't have an HDMI socket and it would just be dumb to solder one on, but it's the same board,so ig China's the winner of this round .

Correction: I was a complete idiot and didn't realize the screen was so dark because the wii dark or whatever it does when you don't do anything for a while. VGA's still completely broken tho :(

Arceus

Try connecting the VGA to a different device, and be sure to configure the corresponding video input. As a last option try to claim a refund as soon as possible. Good luck!

@jefflongo I did switch to the VGA mode. With no input it shows a blue screen and "VGA" in the top left, with input the backlight shuts off and there's nothing whatsoever.

@Arceus what do you mean by "try connecting the VGA to a different device?" The screen to a different computer, or the computer to a different screen? I know my laptop's VGA output works. I have no other VGA-outputting devices than PCs. And I contacted the seller.

Huh. Apparently I just had to turn the screen extension off and on again on my PC to get it to work. Why does that always work?