Question VGA quality issue

Slo_mo

Hi All,

I had succesfully softmoded, and installed BBLoader beta on my Wii project.

Had also done the VGA wiring and it seems to work but I'm not still satisfied with the display quality,

Basically no difference with when I'm using composite out. Display also not centered.

Tried to read many tutorial and try going back to Wii system menu and play with screen setting. No success.

Is there any settings or steps that I miss or did I buy a bad quality LCD

Thanks all in advance.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Did you run the auto-adjust function in the screen settings?

Slo_mo

I didn't see auto-adjust function. Only Screen Position, TV Resolution, Wide Screen Setting and Burn-In Reduction.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You should be able to use the position adjustment to slide the picture down and left

Slo_mo

yes I tried that, It adjusted in Wii system but when I switch back to BBLoader, still has same issue.

Does BBLoader has any way to adjust display settings. I will try source out for another display or try fix my wiring

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
yes I tried that, It adjusted in Wii system but when I switch back to BBLoader, still has same issue.

Does BBLoader has any way to adjust display settings. I will try source out for another display or try fix my wiring
Stitches is referring to the screen settings in your LCD driver board, not the ones in the system menu

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
No, there's no option in BBLoader for that. Are you sure the Wii is correctly set to 480p in video settings? That's the only other thing I can think of, besides trying a different screen and driver board.

Slo_mo

Thanks very much, its my mistake. I didn't bother to look for Horizontal and Vertical adjust in the LCD function. All is okay now.
The graphics I can say is better indeed in the game play, only in BBLoader screen I couldn't find the difference between AV and VGA.

Thanks you Stitches and Aurelio. I will proceed to trim my board when my regulators arrive.