Various GC+/controller Questions

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Hi there, I'm working on setting up my GC+ for my GC portable. I had a couple of questions regarding setting up the internal controller. I would like to use tact switches for the buttons, use the GC sticks, and retain the analog shoulders without dual tact. I desoldered the stickboxes and shoulder sliders.

1. I found this pinout for the c-stick box, is it the same for the control stick?

2. Does anyone have the pinout for the shoulder sliders? I see that there's 5 pins on the slider.

EDIT: found this image, but still unsure what the 2 pins on the bottom are for

3. Can I just run wire straight to the GC+ for all of these? No resistors or anything needed?

4. What are the holes for on the GC+?

5. What strategies do you guys use to mounting the tact switches/shoulders/stickboxes to your casing?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
1) Yes, if you solder directly under the stick pins it's the same pinout.
2) Post a picture, it should have only 3 pins.
3) Yes, no need for any resistor.
4) If you mean the holed pads, they are used to program the microcontroller on the GC+, you don't have to use them.
5) That depends on your case design. For my portable I 3D printed a holder for the tact switches.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
1) Yes, if you solder directly under the stick pins it's the same pinout.
2) Post a picture, it should have only 3 pins.
3) Yes, no need for any resistor.
4) If you mean the holed pads, they are used to program the microcontroller on the GC+, you don't have to use them.
5) That depends on your case design. For my portable I 3D printed a holder for the tact switches.
Here's a picture of the slider. I think for the case I'm going to use a ZN 40.