Solved Using 5v

Does anyone know a hack for this 5" screen driver board. I want to use 5v instead or 12v. Ginger recommend just trying to put 7.4v straight to where you would plug 12v. I used 9v (since my red board was charging) at the time and it didn't turn on.
IMG_20180518_184534705_LL.jpg

CAREFULLY measure the voltage on pin 2 of the HY2576 chip (second pin from the left in the first picture). Be sure not to accidentally short anything or you could damage the driver board.
So I carefully tested it with my mutlimeter, not bridging anything, the 2nd pin this one sketch-1526709572050.png then a spark flew and now my 12v power supply is showing 0.8v (now 1v seems as if it's going back up idk)

EDIT: I found another 12v power supply this one doesn't die, but every time i try testing it I hear a small spark noise and I need to replug the power supply to the board. But I see what you were trying to do. The HY2576 is a buck converter regulator similar to the lm2576. Looking at pinouts the pin should be the output pin. So since i can't test it, i'm going to yolo it and just wire my 5v straight into that pin or the SS14 left side since it seems like thats where the 5v goes. Im just wondering if I should use my 5v reg or if that is too risky and maybe just use 5v from a usb source.

EDIT2: Okay so I wired in 5v from a USB that had 2amps and everything work perfectly. Now I'm going to wire up from my 5v reg and everything should be okay.

EDIT3: Everything is all working!

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Odd, that pop generally means your on amps or ohms and it's shorting the power supply

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
His multimeter could just be faulty