1. We've officially relaunched the store! Check it out by clicking "Store" at the top of the page!
    Dismiss Notice

Question Using 3ds slider for a gameboy?

Discussion in 'Handhelds' started by Madmorda, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    So I'm wondering if it's possible to take a joystick and use it as a d-pad. I want to use a 3ds slider for a joystick in place of the d-pad on a gameboy advance.

I found a thread in the Guides section on something similar, but from looking at the diagram, it seems to be the opposite of what I want to do.

Anyone got any ideas? If it can't be done (or rather can't be done with a reasonable amount of work) that's okay.

http://forums.modretro.com/index.ph...stick-analog-to-dpad-digital-converter.14309/
    This is what I'm looking for, except all the images are gone so I don't know what he actually did XD

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    That's the one I saw. But it looks to me like it's the other way around. It has four switches and it looks like when you push them it emulates the resistance of a joystick.

What I want is to have a joystick that when you move it it emulates the press of the dpad buttons. Am I just reading it wrong?

Edit: to be clear, I don't want one of those joysticks that presses tact switches as you move it, but a 3ds slider.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. Aurelio The Fixer ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Staff Member . . . . .

Portables:
    Yes, this does the opposite wrt what you want to get. I can redo the circuit you found on MR tomorrow if it's fine for you

Acronell likes this.
  4. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    That would be so amazing! I'd really appreciate it :O

Aurelio likes this.
  5. The Next Guy Sun Dried Cases .

Portables:
    Melted in the Sun
    XD I made that guide, I'll ask to repost it here if I can... Ill draw it up for you again

6. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Lol oh nice to meet you! Aurelio was awesome and drew one up for me, but I think it would definitely be a good addition to the guide submissions hub.

fluiddaudio likes this.
  7. syamjam .

I'm also interested in using a 3DS slider in a gameboy. Can you post the circuit here?