USB Via

When soldering to the vias, does it matter which i use? I know it shows both in the guide. Just wondering because I get the error you receive after installing bbloader, and you boot with SD card in, instead of USB.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
You can use either set of vias, although I don't quite understand what you're saying in the second half of that post. If you're getting errors, your solder joints could be cold, your data lines could be flipped or not twisted tightly enough, or sometimes I've seen people run into inexplicable issues with one set of vias. Pics of your board(s) would definitely help diagnose this issue.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Generally you should use USB 0, unless it doesn't play nicely. Show us your wiring?

Generally you should use USB 0, unless it doesn't play nicely. Show us your wiring?
Sorry I should of responded. I got it figured out. It seemed soldered good enough but it wasn't. I realized I have the wrong size wire. I have 28awg. So I ordered 34awg like the guide says. It will be here Wednesday. After it was posted in another thread to push the wire into the via and solder, that's what I tried. But it wouldn't fit, then I looked up what I bought, and realized it was too big. Anyways I got it solder again, and GC Games showed up like normal. So I took it loose and now waiting on the wire. That way it's correct. Because once I mount the motherboard I don't want to take it loose. I took the whole gboy apart since I originally didn't build it, and a lot of the screw holes are stripped, so I only want to mount it once. Figured I better stop, and get the right stuff. As soon as I finish this one, I'm going to finish the one I started a worklog thread on, so I need this one right, so I can build one like I want.

Last edited: