Question USB HDD, SDD, What One To Get Question

England Buckingham Palace with a fake tash
Portables
Nvidia Shield K1, Gpd XD, PSP cfw, 3DS cfw. more to come. sorry if soft-mod is not cool.
hello I was wondering what usb HDD to get any one know for there experience of modding the wii what one to get. I know SDD are very expensive at the moment so i am going for a HDD. I am looking for a 2tb one so i can put a lot on it. but im sure other people are wondering about this i did look at a list of compatibility and a lot of them were out of production so i would like a answer from some one on here who knows what to get.

other question
what is the maximum size that you can use with the USB HDD?
How Does Compatibilty with Loading Stuff From the Usb work ?

Thank You From
ratmandom in England
And Happy New Year Modders

If you connect the hard drive to the usb port, it will work just like a super high capacity usb. So everything that works with usb will work with the hard drive.

But for HDD vs SDD, I would recommend an SDD. SDDs are more power efficient because they do not have any moving components. And any samsung SDD would work well as long as you are connecting it through usb.

And Happy New Year!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
HDDs may be a touch slow for playing Wii games, some may not work quite right. As for max capacity, that would be 2tb since fat 32 supports partitions up to that size, and the Wii can only read the first partition of a drive.

England Buckingham Palace with a fake tash
Portables
Nvidia Shield K1, Gpd XD, PSP cfw, 3DS cfw. more to come. sorry if soft-mod is not cool.
hey cheese i like the t shirt
so you can use nearly any usb HDD as long as it is 2tb or below because or ms fat32 that the wii supports
but i know i would love a SSD

my plan is to get one some day when they come down in price the very pricey.. i will get one tho and transfer all the stuff whats on the HDD to the SDD. probably by that time the HDD would be Nackerd hopefully not with a load of saves on it...