Question Untrimmed Wii VGA wiring

Nick_G

Hi everyone,

I had a question regarding wiring VGA to a Wii that hasn´t been trimmed yet.

Yesterday I tried wiring the VGA up to my Wii, I did it before trimming it because it´s my first portable ever and I wanted to make sure that everything worked fine before going with the part that scares me the most, trimming the console. My Wii already has the latest version of RVLoader installed with the VGA patch enabled. So, I wired the R, G, B, V-Sync, H-Sync and ground to their respective places as shown in the pictures.
IMG_20210718_123254.jpg
IMG_20210718_123326.jpg

(I know it isn´t the best but I´m 100% sure there are no short circuits between them or any other components). I also made sure to bridge the mode pin to 3.3V as I read somewhere in the forums it had to be done for the VGA mod to work. I wired it following the explanations on this photo on the blog.
av_port.png

I turned the Wii on but no video came out.

After giving it some thought this morning I came to the conclusion that I may have to wire everything in this place ,under the graphics, as you shown in the photo.
1626620927823.png

Am I right or is there something I'm missing?

I hope you can help me with this.

Last edited:
I don't think H Sync and V Sync are wired up correctly on your board. They are only connected to the AVE in the last picture you posted I believe. Also you need to connect 3.3v to mode as well.

Nick_G

I don't think H Sync and V Sync are wired up correctly on your board. They are only connected to the AVE in the last picture you posted I believe. Also you need to connect 3.3v to mode as well.
I'm sorry but I don't understand how I should wire H Sync and V Sync then. Also, mode is already connected to 3.3V, I bridged the points 8 (mode) and 10 (3.3V).

In this image you must use a small gauge wire like 34 AWG and solder it to pin 33 on the Ave for H Sync and 34 for V Sync. They are not connected anywhere else on the Wii motherboard so unfortunately it is difficult to wire to them.

1626620927823.png