Worklog Unnamed N64p

I have an old pencil box with some artwork from Banjo-Kazooie, that just so happens to fit an N64 mobo pretty cleanly. Sorry about the bad camera quality, phone lens is scratched up. Any Ideas? I'd like to try using a 3ds slider.
N64pCase.jpg
N64pMoboFit.jpg

Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Nothing wrong with trying a slider, but with a case that size you can easily fit a full GC joystick

Nothing wrong with trying a slider, but with a case that size you can easily fit a full GC joystick
True, It'd probably be more comfortable anyway. I want to preserve the lenticular picture thing on the front, so I'm going to put the screen on the back and have the cart slot inside the case.

Noah

retired
Portables
Sliders work on N64 controllers but you'd be better off going with a third-party controller at this point if you intend to use one.

Looks like 4 18650's will fit alongside the N64 no problem in that case. You can do a "safe trim" and cut the bottom controller port pads off of the console and just rewire data to the U8/PIF with no problem.

Most of the wiring on N64 portables is very straight forward. Should be able to put a portable in that case with no issues whatsoever and should you run into any feel free to post here!

Forgive me for noobing, but how do I hook up the system to test with the ports removed?

So, 4 of these in two sets of series, then put both of those together in parallel, right? So you would have 7.4 v at double capacity?
Also, currently relocating card slot, will show when complete.

I already have 4 of those 18650s I got out of some battery banks, so that's convenient. Need to get some heat shrink and better insulate them.

Last edited:
The PTH08080 I got has some little pegs on it that make it difficult to solder to, is there a way to remove them?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
The PTH08080 I got has some little pegs on it that make it difficult to solder to, is there a way to remove them?
I've cut them off with wire cutters in the past. Now, I prefer to heat up the pad with a soldering iron on high temperature and they fall out with a little pressure. Or you can leave them on as long as they are not shorting against any electronics.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
That looks correct. Make sure you verify it is correctly outputting 3.3v before connecting it to the N64.