Worklog Unnamed GBA DS-Lite Project

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Unnamed for now because none of that rhymes with meme. Anyway, picked up a bottom of a DSL from beardtendo64 (thanks brodude dudebro) suitable for a GBA only mod, so much that it was already modded to work as such. Pretty nice meme IMO.

This must be the magic resistor that made my dreams be memes.

Here's the back of the board for whatever reason. Neat.

I drew this part to match the curvature of the hinges and to cover the blank area of the case.

Test print at 350 microns on fast speed turned off awful (as the filament didn't set fast enough before the next layer started, but who cares it's a test print for size).

Size looks pretty on point. An acceptable meme. I'll house the speaker/s in there(prob ps4 controller speakers) as well as other things, as below.

Anywho, for the 3D printed part I'm looking at these possible designs.

Clear filament, using ELWire in the middle
Glow in the Dark filament, with either ELwire or 2 LEDs in the ends of the hinges to charge the glowing. Not sure if 2 LEDs will be enough but we'll see.

Will do the same for a a boarder for the screen. Lemme know whatchoo think giiiiiirrrrrrrlllll.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Clear filament all the way.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Clear filament all the way.
I'm going to test a test print tonight probably with some clear filament to see how it prints out. Not sure if it'll actually be clear or kinda cloudy from the layers. Gonna print it at my brother in law's house, who has a printer that has the layer height go all the way down to 50 microns (.05mm) compared to my 200 microns (.2mm) so that might help.

I am sort of learning towards glow in the dark though because I think that would look better around the screen.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
You could take off the ds cartridge off, not that hard, did it today.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Did the PS4 controller speakers work alright soundwise? I want to make something like this and those speakers are the perfect size.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Did the PS4 controller speakers work alright soundwise? I want to make something like this and those speakers are the perfect size.
I never got that far lol.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Neat. I'll definitely try one with that front plate as soon as I figure out what the hell do to with a .F3D file lol

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Yeah @Noah tried to help me convert the .f3d file yesterday, but it turns out you can import .iges and .step into AutoCAD natively. Didn't seem to do so at 1:1 though so I'll have to do some scaling when I get a chance.

Also, one of those step or iges files from the 4 button one was still to two button lol.