Question U10

Discussion in 'Wii' started by Enrique, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Cradiak .

Portables:
    Wii Laptop V2.0
    When you are trimming, take tour time and go nice and slow. You’ll have more control, also a higher speed setting will help it cut easier (assuming you used a dremmel). That should give you straighter cuts and less jagged edges, which will make sanding much easier.

Edit: Also, in my experience I’ve found that using 45 degree angles are much easier when sanding then 90 degree angles because sanding in those tight corners is a pain.

ToddyHD likes this.
  2. Enrique .

Not trying to sound rude but could you dumb it down of what you meant im not good with words
    And do I need the batteries hooked up to do this?

3. Shank Certified Wiitard Staff Member . .

Portables:
    No problem! Take your meter and measure resistance (ohms) between them and ground. Essentially, set your meter to resistance, take the black lead, poke any "gnd" part of the motherboard, and take the red lead and touch each of the voltage lines. If any of them say an extremely low number, you have a short and need to keep sanding.

4. Enrique .

Oh ok that's much clearer thanks
    But question still remains does he batteries need to be hooked up and by that I mean switched on
    I've read the other forums and I still don't understand when you guys mean under load or other terms regarding voltages just trying to understand one piece at a time
    Oh and I tried to make the 1v regulator (one regulator at a time) and I got 1.4v (unless I was using it wrong) but if followed the guide for the voltages and used the correct amount that was said, so I was wondering if something was wrong, don't have a picture on me right now I'll take one tomorrow afternoon after class is over that way someone can see if I messed up or something

5. Cradiak .

Portables:
    Wii Laptop V2.0
    When checking resistance, you don’t want to hook up any power (no voltage source) or you won’t be able to check it. So disconnect the battery and check the resistance. When we refer to a load, whatever is drawing power would be the load. So if the battery isn’t connected to something, there is no load. If the battery goes to a Wii or something, then it is under load, and the load is the Wii.

6. Enrique .

When checking resistance does it what does it have to be on (I know ohms ) but what setting 200,2000 etc.

IMG_1598.JPG

Ok so in the 3.3v I got 7.63 (20k ohm settings)
    1v is .31
    1.15v is .05

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  7. jefflongo Broke BitBuilt Staff Member . .

Portables:
    The lower you set the resistance setting, the more accurate it will be. However, using the 200 setting can only measure up to 200ohms ect..

The cuts look very rough. You definitely need to sand more, and those resistance readings depend on what setting you were using (ohms, kohms?). Also what did you do to that poor U10?

8. Cradiak .

Portables:
    Wii Laptop V2.0
    Just curious, what did you use to trim the board?

9. Enrique .

Dremel
    Also the picture in my previous post was the result of me sanding for a while still not done tho

10. Cradiak .

Portables:
    Wii Laptop V2.0
    Okay, just making sure you didn’t use tin snips or something.

11. Enrique .

Ok so I'm making the regs now
    I get this weird problem when I use the ohm resistors
    When I use 1 1k ohm resistor I get 4.07(understandable) when I then add a 680 ohm resistor I get 4.60v, then adding a third (I think it was like a 210 ohm resistor and I get 0v

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018 at 10:34 PM