Solved U10 Trace Cut

Saix

Quick question. For the OM6 trim, does the trace still need to be cut before relocating the U10 transistor? The 6 layer expansion guide mentions that the relocation spot remains available and that only one via needs to be connected but doesn't mention anything about cutting the trace. I didn't see one, but i figured I'd follow the guide and cut the marked spot anyway. My board is receiving power in all the right spots and everything is wired up correctly; the gpu and cpu both heat up, but the board isn't booting. Was cutting this trace my fatal flaw? It doesn't feel right to blame the board not booting on cutting a (i think) non existent trace, but anything is possible i suppose.

Yes you do need to cut a trace on the OM6 trim. Here is a picture of the trace you needed to cut. Sorry for the bad picture!

a8fb2ecfcb.jpg

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Double check all your voltages, check to make sure there are no shorts around the sanded edges of the side of your board, check to make sure the screen has power, and that ground and video out are connected to the proper points.

Also, do the cpu/gpu heat up fairly quickly or does it take a little bit?

Saix

Yes you do need to cut a trace on the OM6 trim. Here is a picture of the trace you needed to cut. Sorry for the bad picture!

View attachment 1702
Double check all your voltages, check to make sure there are no shorts around the sanded edges of the side of your board, check to make sure the screen has power, and that ground and video out are connected to the proper points.

Also, do the cpu/gpu heat up fairly quickly or does it take a little bit?
Cut the trace, and it works now :) thank you guys!