Question U10 relocation and power supply regulation

Imicoz

Hi!
I have tried for a few days now to get my wii to work after being trimmed. Stupid as I was, I trimmed it before moving U10, so I don't know if that is the problem or not. I managed to desolder it losing only one leg, and that leg being one of the ground legs (the ones on the side with 3 pins). I really struggled though, in total I probably used 4 tries (taking U9 and U10 from 2 different boards). So my first question is how on earth can I remove it better, so I don't damage it, and also not damage the footprint when removing U5??

Secondly, I struggled with the power supply. Not wanting to pump a lot of money into a project I didn't know if I could finish, I decided to use a power supply my dad had - a type you feed 5V by USB or 9-12V by 12V plug, and plug into a breadboard. I set up the voltage regulators for 3.3V, 1.15V and 1V, and they showed very promising values when measuring. When I connected them to the wii however, they all dropped significantly in value (1V -> 0.6V, 1.15V -> 1V, 3.3V -> 1.8V). I thought maybe it was a lack of current, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know why this could be happening?

I really appreciate all the help I can get, I'm really starting to lose motivation after so many failures... Thanks!

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
for your first question, how are you currently removing the u9 and u10 ics?

for your second question, are you using voltage regulators or setting up different voltage outputs using your power supply? what is the current output of the psu?

if you are using psu outputs as regulated voltage there might be a large voltage drop under load