Type of plastic for vacuum forming?

So i started vacuum forming after building my own vacuum former and everything worked out okay but the plastic is really weak and sensitive. It rips easily and is really flexible and isnt sturdy. I used a type of thermal plastic from amazon. My question is am i using bad plastic? Should a plasticard be better( bacteria recommends these)? Like i see cases from ashen and other people who vacuum form and they look sturdy as heck and not sensitive at all.

JacksonS

Portables
Comparing yourself to Ashen is a great way to feel bad.

I used High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) when I did vacuum forming. It's a pretty soft plastic, so it is easy to work with, but it doesn't rip easily like you say and it does hold its shape very well. It's not as sturdy as ABS, so I would recommend using something fairly thick like 3mm or more. Keep it mind that the plastic will become thinner in areas where you stretch it a lot, and it will remain thick in areas where it's flat.

Comparing yourself to Ashen is a great way to feel bad.

I used High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) when I did vacuum forming. It's a pretty soft plastic, so it is easy to work with, but it doesn't rip easily like you say and it does hold its shape very well. It's not as sturdy as ABS, so I would recommend using something fairly thick like 3mm or more. Keep it mind that the plastic will become thinner in areas where you stretch it a lot, and it will remain thick in areas where it's flat.
Im not comparing myself im just pulling out an example of awesome vacuum forming, thank u for replying