Two Tone Indigo Ashida Portable... (finally)

Hey all... Its been done for a few weeks now but just getting around to the cutting edge floor post.
IMG_8119.JPG
IMG_8115.JPG
IMG_8145 2.JPG
IMG_8120.JPG
IMG_8124.JPG
IMG_8113.JPG

This portable features a BuyDisplay screen and driver board wired with VGA. OEM gamecube buttons, sticks and shoulder mechanism. MX Relocation, BT Relocation. It has the PMS lite as the power board. The case came from PCBWay. The front was their paint job with Pantone 7673C and the back was my paint job with the same pantone code from myperfectcolor.com. The colors didnt match perfectly but it turned out to be a really cool effect that grew on me.

And now for the nudes:

IMG_8108.JPG
IMG_8155.JPG

Well, this build was quite the adventure... from messing up the back case paint to produce the faded jeans look to the audibly squealing GC2+ board, chasing down the DD glitches and blowing up a pms and PD board. Wow. humble pie... This project turned out to be really slick and a really great experience. Thanks so much to @YveltalGriffin and @Aurelio for helping so much with DD troubleshooting. That taught me alot about the unit. @Wesk, my paint job would've been alot more troublesome with out your tips along the way, thanks mate! @That_Random_Guy, thanks for the little 3d printed bits inside. And to the encouragement of so many others. :) Thanks y'all, I always love building with you.

Cheers! Until next time amigos... :)

Attachments

Avery

Nice job with the cable management, hopefully mine will look half as good