Question Trying to get RVLoader to run, but my Wii keeps sending me "exception dsi occurred". how do I fix this

I am trying to make a portable Wii as a senior project for highschool, but I keep getting this error message. I have tried a usb drive and a micro sd card reader and both of them haven't worked. I used letterbomb to get Homebrew and BootMii installed, and I got RVLoader from the link here at Bit Built. does anyone know how to fix this?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
What brand / model USB are you using? And did you make sure to format it to FAT32 32k clusters, and that all of the RVLoader files are copied over correctly?

The micro sd that i have is a patriot 64gb micro SD that is formatted to exFAT with an allocation unit size of 32kb. I just made sure that it has all of the RVLoader files, and its now no longer picking up that there is a usb drive. The USB drive that I have is a SanDisk 32gb USB 2.0 drive formatted properly, and i am currently testing.

UPDATE: the SanDisk SD card is read, but nothing is popping up after i switch it to read from USB

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
You need to format to FAT32 or it won't work with RVLoader.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You can use guiformat to do it if you're having trouble.

It's a trusted tool which we've been using for yonks.

I just formatted the micro SD to FAT32, and it still isn't getting read by homebrew. it might be my micro SD to USB reader, but I don't have an alternative reader. i found a Kingston micro SD to USB reader, and will be picking that up to try, other than that I don't know what could be the problem.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hmmmm. There's no SD card in the Wii's SD slot, right?

there is, but I made sure that homebrew was reading from the USB slot. I will try again without the sd card.

UPDATE: it picked up that there was a USB drive, but not that RVLoader was on it

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
RVLoader only works when there is no SD card in the Wii SD slot

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hmm, maybe that changed and I didn't notice. Originally the instructions for RVLoader specified that only the USB drive should be connected in order for everything to install and run correctly

Syth

Hello all, did this ever get resolved because i am having the same issue. I used a couple different USB drives (at least one of which i think was on the compatible list) and tried my kingston SD card reader with a sandisk micro sd in it. I've tried reading as much as i can on the forum about this but still nothing.