Question Trimming on a bandsaw & PM usb question

Ewhizz

Hey guys,
Two quick questions.
1) Is it safe to trim a wii mobo on a bandsaw? It will allow me to do it far more accurately then if i was using a demel.

2) Does the usb stick used to install PM before trimming need to be the same usb that is used to load games after trimming? Or can you just transfer all the files to any usb and itll work fine?

Thanks

1) Is it safe to trim a wii mobo on a bandsaw? It will allow me to do it far more accurately then if i was using a demel.
Aren't bandsaws used for cutting wood? Don't forget that the mobo is mostly a copper plate.

2) Does the usb stick used to install PM before trimming need to be the same usb that is used to load games after trimming? Or can you just transfer all the files to any usb and itll work fine?
Yeah you can use another USB stick, just as long as you transfer everything. EDIT: (Also make sure the new USB also works. PortablizeMii could be finicky on some USB sticks)

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Aren't bandsaws used for cutting wood? Don't forget that the mobo is mostly a copper plate.
some can, just gotta pick the right blade.

I don't see why a bandsaw wouldn't work, Just go like highest speed, and make sure you cover the components, and sand really well after.

I'd suggest Cutting the edge ground plane, and see how that cuts. If it cuts well I don't see why not(just know no one has tried before I think, but i'd love to see someone try.)

if you do, make sure you take pics :D

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I'd advise against the bandsaw. It might be possible with the right blade and speed, but saws tend to rely more on strength than speed to cut. A Dremel spins so fast and the teeth are so tiny its pretty much sanding through the board parallel to the board, compared to a bandsaw whose blades grab and pulling down on the board. This can tear it up, especially considering the board has multiple layers. If you have the right blade and speed, you might be able to, but a Dremel isn't hard to work with.

The flash drive is formatted in a certain way specifically to run portablizemii. You can use any other flash drive as long as portablizemii has formatted it. For example, you could install portablizemii on two different wiis, swap the flash drives, and everything would work just fine.